Glass noodle soup with Shrimp and Pork Balls
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- ground pork
- peeled garlic clove pounded with 1 fresh cilantro root to make a paste
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- cilantro root, lightly pounded
- peeled garlic garlic clove, lightly pounded
- 2 Tbsp
- cooked shrimp
- 1 oz
- onion finely chopped
- black jelly mushrooms soaked until softin water
- 1 oz
- glass noodles, soaked in cold water 1 or 2 hours
- scallion, thinly sliced length wise
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- thai fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp
1In a large bowl combine the pork and garlic and paste and shape it into small balls, around 1-inch in diameter.
2Bring the stock to a boil, then add the pounded cilantro and garlic, and simmer for a few minutes to release the aroma. add the pork balls to the boiling stock and cook 3 minutes, or until the pork is cooked, skimming the surface for unwanted color and fat keeping the soup crystal clear.
3reduce the heat and stir in the shrimp, followed by the sliced onion, mushrooms, noodles, scallion, fish sauce and sugar. continue simmering 1 minute more. then ladle into bowls and serve.