Goat Cheese and Fig Butter Appetizer
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 slice
- french bread baguette, toasted. you can buy them by the bag, already cut and toasted.
- 11/2 tsp
- goat cheese, not flavored
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fig butter. i found it at trader joe's.
- Fresh BA small
- fresh basil leaf. i have uses basil paste from the market. if using freak leaf, use only enough that the basil shows under the tomato(es).
- 2 small
- fresh tomatoes, i use grape tomatoes. if you use cherry tomatoes, cut in half and use only one half on top.
1Cut the baguette into thin slices and toast them on a baking sheet, in the oven, until browned. You may use a scant amount of olive oil to lightly coat them. If you use store bought, open the package and lay them out flat on the counter.
2For each baguette slice, spread goat cheese evenly followed by fig butter, basil and finally the tomato(es). Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.