During the Christmas holidays, my nephew retired and passed his company to his children. The company gave him (and two other retirees –one was another nephew.) a wonderful retirement party. Everything was out of this world! One thing I thoroughly enjoyed was Bacon Candy. They had several tall glasses on the bar with candied bacon in them. It was so good and addictive. I looked at several recipes until I found one that was very close to the bacon candy they had. It is sooooo good. I got this recipe from MyRecipes.com
Crispy, sweet and salty, this three-ingredient snack is the ultimate cocktail party hors d'oeuvre.
• Yield: 20 strips
• 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder
• 20 (1 1/2 pounds) thick-cut bacon
Preheat the oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil. In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the Chile powder. Arrange the bacon strips on the foil and coat the tops with the Chile sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until caramelized and almost crisp. Transfer the bacon to a rack set over a sheet of foil to cool completely; serve.
Bacon Chocolate Bark
• 2 slices thick-cut bacon
• 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
• 2 1 ounce squares bittersweet chocolate, unwrapped
1. Place bacon on a rack in a shallow pan. Brush bacon with caramel sauce. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp. Once cool, cut into 1-inch pieces. Meanwhile, line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bittersweet chocolate square about 1-inch apart prepared baking sheet. Bake chocolate for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Using a spoon, spread the chocolate to a thin even later. Place the bacon pieces on top. Chill for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Wrap in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
NOTE: TO USE A CANDY BAR:
If you are using a chocolate candy bar, reduce baking time to 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Spreading is not necessary.
Nov 23, 2015
May 14, 2015
Somebody posted on facebook. What do You think? I would love them in a chocolate chip cookie!!! Or a sundae!!
Apr 11, 2015
Nov 29, 2014
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich