Group active since Sun, Dec 08, 2013
This is a place where all Mexican recipes from A to Z, can be placed. From Avocado Dips to Salsa to Tacos to Watermelon Agua Fresca.
Friday at 6:41 AM
Today will are going to fix; "SANTA FE STUFFED CHICKEN'
¾ tsp chili powder - ¾ tsp cumin - ½ tsp salt - ¼ tsp paprika - ½ cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs - 2 tbsp butter - ¼ cup chopped celery - ¼ cup chopped onion - ½ cup corn - 1 oz (¼ cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese - 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro - 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in with skin
1. Spray 12x8-inch baking disk with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt and paprika; mix well. Reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture; set aside. To remaining seasoning mixture, add bread crumbs; mix well.
2. In medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add corn, cheese, cilantro and bread crumb mixture; mix well.
3. Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form pocket between skin and meat. Fill each pocket with about ½ cup corn mixture; secure opening with toothpick. Place skin side up in baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with reserved season mixture.
Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is brown. Remove baking dish from oven; cover with foil. Heat oven to 350o; bake 35 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Thursday at 7:11 AM
Today, we are going to fix; "STEAK BURRITOS"
1 beef flank steak (4-oz) - 1/8 tsp salt - 1/8 tsp pepper - ½ tsp oil - 2 flour tortillas (8-inches), warmed - ½ cup cold cooked rice - ½ medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced - ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained - 2 tbsp sour cream - 1 tbsp salsa - 1 tbsp finely chopped onion - 1½ tsp minced fresh cilantro
1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
2. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with rice, avocado, beans, sour cream. Salsa, onion and cilantro. Roll up; serve immediately. YIELD: 2 SERVINGS.
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tuesday at 9:12 AM
Today we are going to fix; "GRILLED LIME CHICKEN THIGHS WITH AVOCADO SALSA"
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs - ¼ cup lime juice - 1 tbsp oil - 1¼ tsp salt - 1 tsp grated lime peel - ½ tsp garlic powder - ½ tsp dried thyme - ½ tsp ground cumin - ¼ tsp ground coriander - ¼ tsp ground cinnamon - ¼ tsp pepper
2 avocados, chopped - 1 cup chopped tomatoes - ¼ cup finely chopped red onion - ¼ cup lime juice - ¼ cup chopped cilantro - ½ tsp salt - ¼ tsp pepper
1. Place chicken in single layer in large nonreactive pan. Whisk all remaining chicken ingredients in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Gently combine all salsa ingredients in medium bowl. Heat grill; oil grill grates. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or coals 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning once. Serve with salsa. MAKES 4 SERVINGS.
Friday, April 10 at 7:28 AM
Today will are fix'en; "EASY BEEF TACO SKILLET"
1 lb ground beef - 1 can tomato soup - ½ cup chucky salsa - ½ cup water - 6 flour tortilla (6”), cut into 1” pieces - ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off fat.
2. Stir soup, salsa, water and tortillas in skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes, stir. Top with cheese. Makes: Makes 4 servings.
Apr 8, 2015
Apr 8, 2015
Today we will fix; "FLATBREAD TACOS WITH RANCH SOUR CREAM"
1 cup (8-oz) sour cream - 2 tsp ranch salad dressing mix - 1 tsp lemon juice - 1½ lbs ground beef - 1 can (14½-oz) diced tomatoes, un-drained - 1 can (15-oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained - 1 envelope taco seasoning - 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce - 1 tube (16.3 oz) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits---
TOPPINGS: ripe olives, lettuce and cheddar cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.
2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.
3. Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.
4. To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tbsp ranch sour cream; top each with 2/3 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Apr 6, 2015
Today we are going to fix: "MEXICAN CORNBREAD"
1 cup self-rising cornmeal - ½ tsp soda - ½ tsp salt - ½ tsp sugar - 3 eggs, beaten - 1 cup milk - 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped - ½ cup chopped onion - 1½ cups (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese - 1 tsp garlic powder - 1 (7-oz) can whole kernel corn, drained - 1 (2-oz) jar chopped pimiento, drained - 1/3 cup bacon drippings
1. Combine cornmeal, soda, salt, and sugar; stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 10-inch; iron skillet. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 to 15 servings.